Mold is a functioning part of an environmental ecosystem, playing an important part in the breakdown and decay of dead organic matters such as fallen leaves or dead trees. But when mold manages to grow indoors, it can place a serious strain on both human health and household finances. Mold spreads by producing tiny spores that are invisible to the naked eye. These microscopic spores float through the air and are then ingested or inhaled. When these tiny spores locate a moist area they take root and start to grow. There are many types of mold, none can survive without a constant source of water.
Once Mold sets in and begins to proliferate in the home environment. Black Mold is a type of mold that has been proven to have serious effects on human health. Black Mold is a mycotoxin, during the digestion of organic matter, the fungi secrete enzymes into nutrients in order to break down complex compounds into simpler compounds that can be ingested by the mold and used as nutrition. These digested nutrients produce secondary metabolic waste called mycotoxins that are released to give the mold a competitive edge over other organisms. Inhaling or coming into contact with black mold or black mold spores can produce severe cold or flu like symptoms, including running nose, itching, red or watery eyes, fatigue, memory loss, excessive mucous discharge, dermatitis, skin rash, stomach upset, harsh allergic reactions and more. Symptoms may be immediate or build up slowly over a period time. Those who already have taxed immune systems or are asthmatic may be at a higher risk of infections but healthy individuals are in no way immune. Research is still being done to determine just how far reaching exposure to black mold has on human health, but studies show that the negative effects are far reaching. For more detailed information consult a health professional or your state and local health departments.
Once it is discovered that there is black mold in your living environment, it is important to totally eradicate it. Floating, airborne spores come from outdoors, on pets, or on hair and clothing of individuals who enter in from outside. Ventilation systems and open windows are also open pathways and allow for spore invasion. However, these spores will not take root and become active unless there is a source of longstanding moisture present in the home. If there is black mold found growing in a home, repair the source of the moisture and clean the affected area and allow it to dry thoroughly. Dispose of any infested materials such as wood, porous tiles and drywall. If the moisture is not removed black mold can grow back. Molds can grow on cloth, carpets, leather, wood, sheetrock, insulation and pantry foods. It is a myth that mold can only grow in dark places. All molds that appear black are not of this dangerous variety, it’s hard to differentiate among them without The InFormant 15 Minute Black Mold Detection Kit (Formerly known as AdVantage). Regardless of the type of mold you may have, the Center for Disease Control recommends removing it as soon as possible from your living or working environment. The ‘Informant’ Black Mold Detection kit currently being developed by AdVnt Biotechnologies is specifically designed to detect Black Mold in your home in an easy to use hand held device that can detect the presence of Mold in 15 minutes or less. AdVnt Biotechnologies is currently wrapping up development of the Informant Mold detection system and is looking to launch this exciting new product sometime in the middle to late June. Be sure to visit http://www,advnt.org and stay InFormed.
To opt in for AdVnt Biotechnologies product updates & notifications follow this link… http://eepurl.com/gYvBv