Mold Detection

Mold Detection Device // Black Mold Detection // Home Testing // Environmental Testing

Is there a simple "DIY" test or mold detection device that can actually detect mold immediately?

Yes, it's called the "Informant or the Informant Plus Black Mold & Fungal Allergen Detection Test Kit". These devices developed and manufactured by Advnt Biotechnologies, are simple-to-use tests that detects very specific species of mold in 15 minutes or less. Other so-called "Do-It-Yourself" mold tests such as tape lifts, swabs, and petri dish mold kits, claim to do the same thing. They don't. These kits are actually simple collection devices which require that you package and ship your collected sample to a designated lab for testing before you can obtain an answer as to what type of mold, is present in your area of interest.

Another product on the market today is the "Instant Mold Test" This device claims to provide immediate detection by changing from green to purple if mold is present. This device is actually a simple protein test originally developed for the food industry to verify the cleanliness of food prep surfaces. So while it may detect mold in general, it will also change to purple for thousands of other substances like foods, dust, nearly everything of organic material.

The "Informant and Informant Plus Mold Detection Test Kits" are different. They are the only commercially available mold test designed to detect specific black molds, such as Aspergillus, Penicillium and Stachybotrys species, which are toxigenic, plus many major and minor allergenic spores. Our mold detection devices utilize proprietary reagents that very accurately target these mold species and then provide you with a test result in 15 minutes.

Detection of toxic black mold like Stachybotrys is especially important. Exposure to significant quantities of these mold spores can cause a series of negative reactions. Under proper growing conditions, some species of molds can generate compounds called mycotoxins. In high concentrations or with chronic exposure, mycotoxins can be toxic to humans and animals.

Toxic black mold is a substance that can result in symptoms like allergies, asthma, bronchitis, flu-like symptoms, other respiratory problems, headaches, cognitive problems, and skin irritation. If you are experiencing unusual respiratory problems, it may be the result of black mold symptoms. Killing, cleaning and removal of black mold is crucial as airborne spores can spread throughout the facility.